Welcome to my home page!
I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at University of Missouri-Columbia. My research and development areas of interest include: Distributed and Cloud Computing, Computer Networking, Networked-Multimedia Applications, Cyber Security. I enjoy working with students in the "VIMAN Lab" - Virtualization, Multimedia and Networking Lab.
I obtained my M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from The Ohio State University, and B.E. from Bangalore University. Before coming to MU in 2013, I was a Research Director at Ohio Supercomputer Center/OARnet, The Ohio State University. I am an expert consultant for industry, academia and government agencies in the design and development of software systems comprising of advanced architectures and cloud-based performance analysis technologies.
- I have open positions for a postdoc, and graduate and undergraduate research assistants; Please send me an email with your resume and a convincing statement of interest
- 02-20-14: Attended NSF perfSONAR Workshop in Arlington, VA; Served as Co-Chair
- 02-03-14: Attended IEEE ICNC Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii; Presented invited-paper titled "Wide-area Overlay Networking to Manage Accelerated Science DMZ Flows", and another paper titled "Time-based Criteria for Performance Comparison of Resource-Intensive User Tasks in Virtual Desktops"; Served as Session Chair for Invited Papers
- 11-30-13: CFP - NSF Workshop on perfSONAR based Multi-domain Network Performance Measurement and Monitoring; >>More
- 11-18-13: Demo at IEEE/ACM Supercomputing 2013 Conference (SC13); Title: "Wide-area Overlay Networking to Manage Science DMZ Accelerated Flows"
- 11-15-13: Invited talk at University of Missouri-Kansas City; Title: "Design and Verification of Resource Allocation in Virtual Desktop Cloud Applications"
- 10-08-13: Invited Talk at NSF Workshop on GENI in Education, Brooklyn, NY in conjunction with 17th GENI Engineering Conference; Title: "GENI Lab Exercises for a Cloud Computing Course"
- 10-14-13: Attended IEEE CNSM Conference in Zurich, Switzerland; Presented a short-paper titled "OnTimeSecure: Secure Middleware for Federated Network Performance Monitoring"
- 10-08-13: Invited Talk at US Ignite ONF GENI Workshop, Sunnyvale, CA; Title: "QoE-Aware Traffic Steering using OpenFlow"
- 09-13-13: Received GENI Solicitation-4 Award from Raytheon-BBN for project titled "Hybrid Cloud Experiments with GENI for Multi-site Opt-in Use Cases"
- 09-13-13: Received VMware Research Gift for continuation of the project titled "VMLab: Infrastructure to Support Desktop Virtualization Experiments for Research and Education"
- 09-09-13: Received NSF US Ignite EAGER Award for project titled "GENI-Enabled In-Home, Personalized Health Monitoring and Coaching" to work in Google Fiberhoods in Kansas City, MO
- 07-03-13: Received Cisco Research Award for project titled "Dual-mode GENI Rack for supporting Domain Science Use Cases on Campuses"
- 06-22-13: Attended US Ignite Summit in Chicago, IL; Presented a demo on "City-supported Simulation-as-a-Service for Advanced Manufacturing Small Business"; Demo Won - Best US Ignite Application for Advanced Manufacturing!
- 05-27-13: Attended IEEE/IFIP IM Conference in Ghent, Belgium; Presented a paper titled "Leveraging OpenFlow for Resource Placement of Virtual Desktop Cloud Applications"
- 04-22-13: My student Sudharsan Rajagopalan successfully defended his MS Thesis titled "Leveraging OpenFlow for Resource Placement of Virtual Desktop Cloud Applications" at The Ohio State University, and joined Cisco; Congratulations Sudharsan!
- 04-22-13: My student Saravanan Mohan successfully defended his MS Thesis titled "Feasibility Study of Hybrid Cloud Adoption in Education and Manufacturing" at The Ohio State University, and joined Cisco; Congratulations Saravanan!
- 04-22-13: My student Arunprasath Selvadhurai successfully defended his MS Thesis titled "Network Measurement Tool Components for Enabling Performance Intelligence within Cloud-based Applications" at The Ohio State University, and joined Amazon; Congratulations Arun!
- 04-03-13: My student Shweta Kulkarni successfully defended her MS Thesis titled "Secure Middleware for Federated Network Performance Monitoring" at The Ohio State University, and joined Intel; Congratulations Shweta!
- 03-19-13: Attended 16th GENI Engineering Conference; Presented a paper titled "Advanced Manufacturing Use Cases and Early Results in GENI Infrastructure" in the GREE2013 Workshop; >>More
- 02-19-13: Invited talk at Missouri S&T; Title: Leveraging Software-defined Networking for Resource Adaptation of Virtual Desktop Cloud Applications; >>More
- 02-08-13: Serving as a Guest Editor - CFP: IEEE Communications Magazine - Monitoring and Troubleshooting Multi-domain Networks using Measurement Federations; >>More
- 02-06-13: Dublink Ignite project "Simulation-as-a-Service for Advanced Manufacturing" was one of the winning entries in the Mozilla Ignite Challenge; >>More
- 01-07-13: Attended the NSF CC-NIE/GENI Workshop in DC