Location: Lafferre Hall W0010; Meeting Time: Th 3:30 – 4:45; Office Hours: Th 2:30 – 3:30
Instructor: Dr. Jianlin Cheng; Office: EBW109; Phone: 882-7306; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Mythical man month and a tar pit analogy
2. Software development process
3. Extreme programming: a gentle guide
4. Object oriented analysis and design
5. A universal modeling language tutorial (UML)
6. UML introduction and software
7. Design pattern
8. Programming style; Java coding standard; PHP coding standard; C# coding standard; C++ coding strandard.
9. Unit testing frameworks;Standard unit test frameworks for popular languages
10. Doxgen: a tool to generate documents from source code.
Assignment 2: software development plan (sample)
Assignment 5: unit test plan (sample)
Assignment 6: make a software integration plan
This course is a teamwork-intensive course where one or more
projects have to be done in a team during the course of the semester.
Your performance on the team will be evaluated twice
during the semester and a certain percentage of your overall grade will
reflect your teamwork performance.
An evaluation sheet with teamwork performance criteria will be handed to you
at the beginning of your project so you know what you will be graded on.